KIA Gaming Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
KIA Gaming Club

A place for us to organise meetings and chat generally about gaming

You are not connected. Please login or register

The Mists of Albion Warhammer Campaign

+3
Barry
Brandon B
Andy
7 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1The Mists of Albion Warhammer Campaign Empty The Mists of Albion Warhammer Campaign Fri Jan 10, 2020 10:45 pm

RichardB

RichardB

I am thinking of running a Warhammer Fantasy map-based campaign. It will be set on the island of Albion.The players will try and conquer as many territories as possible including special locations. It will run for 8 turns over the course of 8 months. I'm aiming for a start date of 15th February and am looking for up to 5 players to take part. It will require you to fight at least one Warhammer Battle a month and commit for the whole campaign. Let me know if you're interested.

2The Mists of Albion Warhammer Campaign Empty Re: The Mists of Albion Warhammer Campaign Tue Jan 14, 2020 10:30 am

Andy

Andy

I am internet, will look at making time to start coming more

3The Mists of Albion Warhammer Campaign Empty Re: The Mists of Albion Warhammer Campaign Tue Jan 14, 2020 11:44 am

Brandon B

Brandon B

I am interested.

4The Mists of Albion Warhammer Campaign Empty Re: The Mists of Albion Warhammer Campaign Sun Jan 19, 2020 12:16 pm

Barry

I am interested, missed so much lately

5The Mists of Albion Warhammer Campaign Empty Re: The Mists of Albion Warhammer Campaign Sun Jan 19, 2020 12:36 pm

Adam

Adam

i am interested too Smile

6The Mists of Albion Warhammer Campaign Empty Re: The Mists of Albion Warhammer Campaign Sun Jan 19, 2020 12:57 pm

Steven

Steven

I'm 100% interested Smile

David

David

same

8The Mists of Albion Warhammer Campaign Empty Re: The Mists of Albion Warhammer Campaign Sun Jan 19, 2020 10:45 pm

RichardB

RichardB

Ok - The campaign should work with 6 players but that will have to be the limit. If you can post which army you will be using and the name of the overall general and two lieutenants who will each lead one of three armies please.

Steven

Steven

I'll be using High Elves, lead by Commander Azrael, and his Lieutenants Kyra & Kyron

10The Mists of Albion Warhammer Campaign Empty Re: The Mists of Albion Warhammer Campaign Wed Jan 22, 2020 6:09 pm

RichardB

RichardB

Thanks Steven - anyone else got their armies?

11The Mists of Albion Warhammer Campaign Empty Re: The Mists of Albion Warhammer Campaign Thu Jan 23, 2020 7:19 am

Andy

Andy

Do they have to be special ones?

12The Mists of Albion Warhammer Campaign Empty Re: The Mists of Albion Warhammer Campaign Thu Jan 23, 2020 7:23 am

RichardB

RichardB

No any characters are fine - although its probably better if you create your own heroes.

13The Mists of Albion Warhammer Campaign Empty Re: The Mists of Albion Warhammer Campaign Thu Jan 23, 2020 7:35 am

Andy

Andy

Ok have all 3 need to be lords or heroes as well?

14The Mists of Albion Warhammer Campaign Empty Re: The Mists of Albion Warhammer Campaign Thu Jan 23, 2020 8:26 pm

RichardB

RichardB

Most battles will be 2000 points, so I would suggest making your leaders Lord and the other heries, although if you have cheap Lords like goblins or Skaven you could have more lords.

15The Mists of Albion Warhammer Campaign Empty Re: The Mists of Albion Warhammer Campaign Fri Jan 24, 2020 6:58 pm

Andy

Andy

Ok I’ll have a look

16The Mists of Albion Warhammer Campaign Empty Re: The Mists of Albion Warhammer Campaign Sun Jan 26, 2020 1:07 am

Adam

Adam

Ok so i will be using Dark Elves, my leaders i will post shortly Smile

17The Mists of Albion Warhammer Campaign Empty Re: The Mists of Albion Warhammer Campaign Fri Jan 31, 2020 10:36 pm

RichardB

RichardB

So far we have....

Steven - High Elves.
Adam - Dark Elves.
Brandon - ?
Andy - ?
Dave - ?
Barry - ?

I will bring some campaign packs to tomorrow's meeting, but don't worry we are officially starting on 15th February, so will let you know what you'll need to play before then.

18The Mists of Albion Warhammer Campaign Empty Re: The Mists of Albion Warhammer Campaign Sat Feb 01, 2020 8:31 pm

Andy

Andy

Orc will have to be, green is best

19The Mists of Albion Warhammer Campaign Empty Re: The Mists of Albion Warhammer Campaign Sat Feb 01, 2020 9:58 pm

RichardB

RichardB

Thanks Andy

Steven - High Elves.
Adam - Dark Elves.
Brandon - Empire
Andy - Orcs and Goblins
Dave - ?
Barry - ?

Will everybody be able attend the next meeting? You may want to bring a 2000 pt army with your leader and three markers to represent your armies on the map.

20The Mists of Albion Warhammer Campaign Empty Re: The Mists of Albion Warhammer Campaign Sun Feb 02, 2020 5:30 am

Barry

Planning on using Empire if I can get them built in time.

21The Mists of Albion Warhammer Campaign Empty Re: The Mists of Albion Warhammer Campaign Sun Feb 02, 2020 8:13 am

RichardB

RichardB

Thanks Barry - if Dave's using Chaos of some kind, that will be there force of Order and three Forces of Destruction which will be nicely balanced when we come to alliances and some bigger multiplayer games.

22The Mists of Albion Warhammer Campaign Empty Re: The Mists of Albion Warhammer Campaign Sun Feb 02, 2020 12:44 pm

RichardB

RichardB

If anyone's looking for army markers for the campaign Kallistra does some quite cheap fantasy sets see https://www.kallistra.co.uk/?page=19

They will be at Hammerhead this year on 14th March if anyone wanted to pick anything up - I already have some Empire, Orc and Undead sets.

23The Mists of Albion Warhammer Campaign Empty Re: The Mists of Albion Warhammer Campaign Tue Feb 11, 2020 8:12 am

Barry

Assuming they arrive already bought mine.

24The Mists of Albion Warhammer Campaign Empty Re: The Mists of Albion Warhammer Campaign Sat Feb 15, 2020 7:49 pm

David

David

sorry guys gonna have to count me out for the campaign not sure how reliable im going to be got alot of stuff going off at mo sorry about today for the no show.

25The Mists of Albion Warhammer Campaign Empty Re: The Mists of Albion Warhammer Campaign Tue Feb 18, 2020 9:19 pm

RichardB

RichardB

Turn 1 update

While the winter winds bowled across the ocean, several fleets converged on the misty island of Albion, eager to claim territory and uncover treasures.

The army of Nuln led by Captain Edvard Van der Kraal made landfall first on the North coast. This was closely followed by the High Elves commanded by Azrael. They landed on the West coast, close to the Tower of Llenog. The Dark Elves led by the sorceress Marathis landed their Black Ark on the North East point of the isle.

The rival Druchii force dominated by Khaine worshippers sailed to the eastern coast. The other Empire army landed near to the Nuln/Marienburg force. Finally, the ramshackle craft of the Orcs approached the South West tip of Albion.

The Dark Elves led by Death Hag Kym attempted twice to move inland, but were prevented first by Morathi's forces, although the witch queen narrowly escaped and her captain Typos Dreadringer was wounded by an assassin. On the second attempt the Empire led by Van der Kraal and Theodore Bruchnar blasted them back to the waves.

The Empire had themselves faced the High Elves when landing but had managed to succeed with the help of their landship and the Empire knights.
The High Elves landed and were immediately attacked by a host of Albion natives. Although the tribal warriors managed to cut down one unit of Seaguard and the stone thrower crushed many Swordsmasters, the High Elves were victorious.

The Nuln army then advanced south, seeking to secure both the Forge of the Old Ones and the Citadel of Lead. The High Elves also advanced to try and capture the Tower of Llenog.

Last edited by RichardB on Mon Mar 09, 2020 7:43 am; edited 1 time in total

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum